This is a new feature designed to make accessing information about traffic related issues, easier. Given the fact that we spend a good portion of our day behind the wheel of some of the largest and heaviest trucks on the road, we feel that having this kind of information readily available is of utmost importance to us and we hope that you'll find this page helpful. Suggestions for additions to the page are welcome.
NYSDOT Marking Regs - 7/5/05
As of 7/5/05, trucks with a GVWR over 18001 lbs and operating wholly within NYS must display a NYSDOT number along with their business name on both sides of the truck, or face stiff fines. Trucks already displaying a USDOT number and business name on both sides are exempt. For more info, call (866) 881-2360 or click here to download the new regs, or visit the DOT web site at:
Link for Downloading FMCSA* Medical Forms Needed For CDL's
This from John Forgione: You can download necessary CDL medical forms in PDF format at: (Adobe Acrobat Reader required**)
*The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is a separate administration within the U.S. D.O.T. It was established on January 1, 2000, pursuant to the Motor Carrier Safety Improvement Act of 1999. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FMCSA's primary responsibility is to reduce crashes, injuries and fatalities involving large trucks and buses.

**Free Acrobat Reader software is available at:
NYSDMV License Event Notification Program For Employers
The License Event Notification Service (LENS) supplies you with information about the driving records of your employees. You list your drivers with the DMV and LENS automatically notifies you of any driver license events that occur. Companies that use LENS can quickly identify their problem drivers, improve safety and decrease liability exposure. Some of the notifications you can receive from LENS are:

the expiration, the suspension, or the revocation of a driver license
the restoration of a driver license
traffic convictions
reportable accidents
the completion of a training course to reduce points and insurance premiums.

There is a fee for this service.

Commercial organizations use form MV-15LC when applying for a LENS account.

To get more information about LENS:

LENS Help Line - (518) 486-4480
(This e-mail address is for LENS only).

Web Site:
Helpful Links
NYS Department of Motor Vehicles:
NYS Department of Transportation:
US Department of Transportation:
Note: Additional information is being compiled.
© Copyright 2006 by Long Island Liquid Waste Association. All rights reserved.